Sr. Education Consultant - Home Based Worker
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Senior Education Consultant opportunity with Allstate is homebased. The selected incumbent will design, development and delivery via adult learning principals and learner centered facilitation to Agency Owners, Agency Staff, Regional Sales Instructors and Field Sales Leadership of new and existing education initiatives that support the profitable growth of our agencies. Delivering education to the new or incumbent agents, their staff will be key. The selected incumbent will providebasic, intermediate, and advanced education for agencies based on the need of the participants. Education will include product knowledge, technical processing, sales skills, and compliance processing. Education content will be delivered by several methods including, but not limited to classroom, webinar, virtual classroom, agency, and one-on-one training.
- Instructional Design and development of on-demand content
- Consistently launches multiple training modules, interactive facilitation, planning and preparation through a variety of mediums, including in person, pre-recorded, or via virtual meetings
- Coaches students one-on-one as they work through hands-on exercises
- Provides consultation and problem solving: Performance analysis, performace support, assessment & evaluation
- Maintains inventory of complex or advanced-level training programs and formal training received by personnel
- Designs complex or advanced-level training modules as necessary to meet various training needs
- Assesses training participants individual learning and recommends to employee and/or manager action or training needed to help improve understanding
- Provides recommendations for content updates in the Knowledge Library and supports users on how to use the Knowledge Library
- Coordinates the initial set-up of classes, which includes reviewing the class list and preparing materials for the class
- Possess knowledge of sales, sales processes, back office support, and trend identification as well as a thorough understanding of agency contracts, compliance requirements, Allstate policies, and procedures, and agency standards
- Establish positive rapport with mentor, peers, agents, field sales leaders and agency staff
- Work independently with the Education Leaders providing guidance as needed to achieve regional goals
- Consistently perform administrative responsibilities, expense processing and management, manage voicemail, and email, submission of measurement activities, and class rosters
- Be an expert on delivering virtual training and all of its features (Teams, Zoom, GoTo Meeting)
Education Design and Development
- Evaluate and define agency, regional and sales leaders development needs
- Lead program designs to ensure learning objectives align with audience learning needs and business strategies
- Manages the effective design, development, and review/approval of educational programs.
- Ensures design and development processes and standards are followed and applied consistently throughout a team
- Promotes adherence to internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Leads implementation of delivery strategies and tools to ensure effective delivery of course materials.
- Coordinates with regional education teams to implement delivery resources and facilitator training.
- Evaluates course effectiveness regularly using metrics and other feedback and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements
- Solicits on-going input and feedback from key stakeholders
- Work with AOR SMEs to ensure curriculum is up to date and represents the latest strategy and tactics for effective implementation
- Leverages industry knowledge to provides unique and innovative input to improve business results
- 3 or more years of learning & development experience preferred
- One year of related training or insurance sales experience preferred
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively, with internal or external customers
- Applies advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies advanced knowledge of training facilitation
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within complex and occasionally highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Experience with facilitation and education delivery preferred
- Experience managing various educational technologies preferred (LMS, LRS, Moodle, SCORM, xAPI)
- Ability to interact effectively, coach others on professional development, and act with empathy
- Applies broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies broad conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships and continuously improve business outcomes
- Applies broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-centered environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent Project management skills and the ability to prioritize work to greatest business need
- Microsoft office suite, video development software preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.