Senior Compliance Analyst
Senior Compliance Analyst
Hallmark Financial is a property and casualty insurance company with a diversified portfolio of insurance products written on a national platform. Through its six insurance subsidiaries, Hallmark Financial markets, underwrites and services commercial and personal insurance in select markets. Hallmark Financial is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol “HALL”.
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
The Senior Compliance Analyst will work closely with the business units to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state insurance laws and regulations. Responsible for helping the business achieve its goals by identifying regulatory issues, determining where business might be at risk and providing appropriate information to regulatory entities in order to mitigate risk.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research, prepare & submit rate, rule and form filings.
- Assist in Product Development work where needed by drafting endorsements or comparing products.
- Read, analyze and communicate changes in laws and regulations. Evaluate the effect of these changes on current products.
- Support the maintenance of filings by monitoring ISO changes, submitting changes to rating vendors, maintaining logs and databases that track rate and form histories.
- Create, update and distribute rating manuals and forms.Provide assistance for support of internal rating systems including writing of specifications, testing and quality assurance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of insurance rating techniques and principles.
- Ability to read, comprehend and act upon insurance policy language and insurance regulations.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to daily changing needs and job duties.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve, working closely with others to coordinate and complete projects.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Advanced Microsoft Office skills are required with emphasis on Word and Excel.