National Auto Material Damage Claims Director
We're currently seeking a dedicated and influential individual to provide outstanding strategic, technical, and operational leadership and guidance to the Claims Auto Material Damage (AMD) processes and staff.
As the Director, you'll assure the timely and equitable resolution of claims and manage expenses to contribute to our profit and growth objectives. You'll effectively motivate and manage a world class claim staff to deliver professional claim services while also having ownership of the AMD claims process.
The ideal candidate will be looking to make an impact in the organization with the desire to work for a company with the strength and stability to offer future opportunities.
This position will be located at our Stevens Point, WI office.What You'll Do
As the National AMD Claims Director, you'll lead the Auto and Cycle Material Damage claims operations and be the owner and thought leader on the Auto claim process on a nationwide basis across all business units for both personal and commercial lines claims. In addition, you'll:
- Develop strategies and lead initiatives to enhance performance of auto appraisal and total loss, customer service, estimating, valuation, and resolution processes
- Develop technical standards, procedures, and practices for Claims Appraisers, Auto Material Damage Claim Representatives, material damage vendors, and claim office needs
- Provide leadership in generating new ideas and creative approaches
- Manage claims management practices, such as objective setting, development of claims policy, assignment of authority limits, protocols, and audit standards
- Negotiate and maintain critical vendor and supplier relationships
- Showcase a strong working knowledge of contracts, service level agreements, and application of terms and conditions
- Manage financial resources including developing, administering, and assuring conformance to the annual department budget
- Maintain close working relationships with Claims leadership
- Manage administration of unit's human resource-related activities
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Industry coursework and/or technical designations including: I-CAR, ASE, CPCU or AIC are preferred
- 8+ years of related work experience
- Successful management and leadership experience with a track record of increasing responsibility
- Strong analytical, communication, and human relations skills
- Broad background in Claims, including exposure to multiple lines of coverages and policies
- Technical expertise in assigned area of claim policies, practices, and insurance products
- Knowledge of applicable laws affecting claims and technical expertise
- Ability to travel on short notice
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.About Sentry
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!