Claims Rep I - Subro - Sign-On Bonus $1500
As one of the largest mutual insurance companies in the nation, we're completely focused on offering exceptional claims service to our policyholders. To help uphold our premier standards we are currently recruiting for a Subrogation Claims Representative to work within our Personal & Commercial Liability unit.
This position is eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus (less taxes). The bonus will be provided in two payments:
- $1,000 paid on first payday following hire
- $500 paid on first payday following 6 months of employment
As a Claims Representative on our Subrogation team, you'll provide prompt subrogation investigation, evaluation, and communication to the claims departments on open claim files, and handle subrogation third party evaluation and negotiation. In addition, you'll:
- Document all decisions, correspondences, reports, and discussions that occur during the evaluation and investigation of the file
- Settle and pay claims having exposures within assigned authority limits
- Obtain and maintain state adjuster licenses as required and adheres to state specific compliance issues for assigned jurisdictions regarding recovery efforts/guidelines
- Detect potential problems or trends that require additional review, investigation, or research
- Determine if subrogation exists and take steps necessary for settlement of claims
- Monitor claim files during initial and residual periods to ensure file accuracy
- Gain experience in determining minimal to moderate liability exposure
- Perform other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills, and degree of responsibility commensurate with assigned level
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, claim payment procedures, insurance regulations, and familiarity with medical and legal terminology is preferred
- Prior claims and/or collections work experience is beneficial
- Possess analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment, and evaluate third party claims to make sound decisions
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Personal computer and math skills beneficial
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.Next Step
Once you complete the online employment application for this role, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment and online video interview. The links and directions to complete these will be sent in two separate emails to the email address you provided in your application. Both items must be completed within 5 days of receipt of the email.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!