Translator - Part Time
We are currently seeking an individual to translate verbally or rewrite documents in specified language following established rules pertaining to factors such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation and mechanics. Verbal translation is provided over the phone and at times in person. Responsible for transcribing recorded statements.What You'll Do
As the translator for Sentry Insurance you will translate verbally phone conversations and rewrite documents in both English and Spanish. Additionally you'll
- Participate on phone calls between Sentry and Claimants
- Interpret various dialect meanings while translating verbally or in written form
- Provide translation services to all Sentry offices
- Translate a high volume of calls daily
- Provide a high quality of customer service for internal and external customers
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- 0-2 years of related work experience
- Excellent ability to speak, read and write fluently in English and Spanish
- Familiar with various dialect meanings in both English and Spanish
- Previous experience in the insurance field is desirable
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, maintain confidentiality and provide work direction.
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.About Sentry
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!