Claims Representative - Entry Level - Commercial Auto - Sign-On Bonus $1500
When you enjoy helping others, people can tell. Especially the customers at Sentry, because that's our business. Our award-winning workplace needs more individuals like you. Those who like thinking on their feet while juggling lots of plates in the air. Real multi-taskers who can keep one eye on the job at hand without ever losing sight of our customers—and what it takes to provide outstanding service. If that sounds like you, you sound like a good fit for us.
At Sentry, our business operates around helping others with commercial or consumer claims. We market our non-standard auto and motorcycle insurance under Dairyland and we are looking to expand our dynamic team of Claims Representatives to support and assist these areas. If you want to make an impact on different lives apply now for our non-standard auto claims representative opportunity.
This position is eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus (less taxes). The bonus will be provided in two payments:
- $1,000 paid on first payday following hire
- $500 paid on first payday following 6 months of employment
As an Entry Level - Claims Representative on one of our teams you'll have the opportunity to:
- Verify that our customers have coverage
- Investigate and gather information about claims by contacting all parties involved
- Accurately document all decisions, correspondences, reports, and discussions
- Gain experience in determining liability and setting reserves
- Evaluate your investigations to make decisions about the claims
- Learn about determining if subrogation exists and taking steps necessary for recovery
- Resolve claims in the best interests of the insured, the claimant, and Sentry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, claim payments procedures and familiarity with medical terminology preferred
- The desire, ability and interpersonal savvy to handle a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Effective oral and written communication and human-relations skills
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
- Effective computer skills
- Bilingual skills a plus, Spanish preferred
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.Next Step
Once you complete the online employment application for this role, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment and online video interview. The links and directions to complete these will be sent in two separate emails to the email address you provided in your application. Both items must be completed within 5 days of receipt of the email.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!