Field Claims Appraiser - Auto Material Damage
Sentry's dedication to customers is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are currently seeking an exceptionally organized individual in search of fast paced work to fulfill our Field Auto Material Damage Claims Appraiser position in the Charlotte, NC territory. This will include monitoring physical damage claims and inspecting damaged vehicles. Working closely with dealerships and repair facilities, you will help to ensure accurate and economical damage repair costs.What You'll Do
The Field Claims Appraiser establishes damage appraisals and valuations according to company guidelines. In this role, you'll:
- Write estimates to restore damaged vehicles to pre-loss condition
- Establish fair valuations for total loss vehicles
- Negotiate total loss settlements and work with contracted salvage vendors
- Monitor and control rental expenses by managing the repair process
- Resolve issues with policyholders, claimants, or State Insurance Departments
- Occasionally assists with CAT losses
- Must live inside the territory
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain state adjuster/appraiser licenses
- Thorough knowledge and experience in estimating automobile collision repairs
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Estimating or previous material damage appraiser experience
- Knowledge of claim processing and insurance coverage
- Acceptable motor vehicle record and the ability to meet travel requirements with limited notice
- Well-developed organizational, human relations and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Company car with gas card allowance
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.About Sentry
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!