Claims Technical Specialist
We're a people-focused business, and we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our customers. At Sentry, we believe people are our competitive advantage. We strive to attract, train, and motivate our employees to keep Sentry as a market leader in our industry. We are committed to hiring people with the potential to excel and are looking for a Claims Technical Specialist to join our highly skilled team in supporting our Personal Lines and Commercial Lines claims units.
This position will be located at our Stevens Point, WI office.What You'll Do
As a Claims Technical Specialist, you'll provide technical advice, instruction, and authority to field claim staff on complex, high exposure claims. This will include coverage advice, authority for settlement, and strategic planning for litigation and settlement. In addition, you'll:
- Design and implement programs and practices relating to the assigned specialty claim area for use countrywide
- Review and evaluate the work of field claim staff to assure standards, procedures, and overall quality are being maintained
- Provide advice and counsel to other Claim personnel
- Manage to settlement a caseload of claims which are the most complex and unusual, may have significant loss potential, or are precedent-setting
- Review reinsurance files to assure completeness, establishment of proper reserves, and proper filing of notices
- Document and make recommendations on lawsuits against the company
- Review audit results to determine proactive methods to improve results and address deficiencies
- Recommend changes in claim practices based on legislative action, court decisions, or other trends
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of related claims experience
- Previous experience sufficient to develop a high degree of technical expertise
- Technical expertise in coverage analysis, claim processes, procedures, and laws
- Thorough understanding and work experience with the assigned technical specialization required (i.e. Personal Lines, Liability, Litigation, Property)
- Ability to manage high authority levels and exercise a high degree of evaluation, negotiation, and coverage skill
- Strong analytical, communication, presentation, and human relations skills
- Ability to manage claim files with a high degree of technical skill and self-initiative
- Ability to provide leadership to claim staff in field offices
- Insurance coursework (i.e., CPCU, IIA) beneficial
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the job
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.About Sentry
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!