Senior Claims Representative - Workers Compensation (Part-time)
Come join our team of Claims Professionals!
This position is part of the Support Services Team and will support the WC Claims team by providing desk coverage for extended absences, vacations and open desk situations. As a Senior Claim Representative, you'll handle day-to-day tasks associated with already established workers' compensation claims. This includes contacting injured workers, medical providers, and our customers to obtain updates, documenting the files, and maintaining our claim handling guidelines/standards.
This is a part-time position working approximately 32 hours/week.
This position is eligible for a $2,500 sign-on bonus (less taxes). The bonus will be provided in two payments:
- $1,500 paid on first payday following hire
- $1,000 paid on first payday following 6 months of employment
As a Senior Claims Representative, you'll issue indemnity payments, analyze claim exposure, and settle financial reserves, manage treatment authorizations and/or appointment scheduling, and extend referrals to defense attorneys and/or case managers. In addition, you'll:
- Provide all aspects of customer service by assisting customers through difficult situations
- Evaluate claims and charges submitted by insured and medical providers to determine eligibility for benefits, checking for misrepresentation, pre-existing conditions and mandated state benefits
- Take recorded statements and obtain pertinent information, such as police and medical reports, appraisals, estimates, photographs, degree of disability, and rehabilitation potential
- Evaluate damages and/or eligibility for benefits, determine liability, and sets reserves
- Document all decisions, correspondences, reports, and discussions that occur during an investigation
- Settle and pay claims within assigned authority limits
- Determine if subrogation exists and takes steps necessary for recovery
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related workers' compensation claims experience
- Thorough knowledge of state insurance policies, coverage, procedures, and regulations
- Familiarity with medical and legal terminology
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to review and interpret complex and detailed documents
- Effective computer and math skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain state adjuster licenses as required
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.About Sentry
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!