Part-Time Claims Representative Senior - Sign-On Bonus $2500
Come join our team of Claims Professionals!
This position is part of the Support Services Team and will support the WC Claims team by providing desk coverage for extended absences, vacations and open desk situations. As a Claim Rep Sr. on the Support Services Team, you will handle day-to-day tasks associated with already established workers' compensation claims. This includes contacting injured workers, medical providers, and our customers to obtain and relay updates; clear and concise file documentation and file coding in line with Sentry's claim handling guidelines/standards; issuing indemnity payments; analyzing claim exposure and setting financial reserves; phone call and email triage; treatment authorizations and/or appointment scheduling; referrals to defense attorneys and/or case managers. You may also be asked to assist with special projects.
This is a part-time position with approximately working for 32 hours/week.
This position is eligible for a $2,500 sign-on bonus (less taxes). The bonus will be provided in two payments:
- $1,500 paid on first payday following hire
- $1,000 paid on first payday following 6 months of employment
- Provide all aspects of customer service by assisting customers through difficult situations
- Evaluate claims and charges submitted by insured and medical providers to determine eligibility for benefits, checking for misrepresentation, preexisting conditions and mandated state benefits
- Report and communicate claims to senior management. Refer the payment or denial of claims that exceed assigned authorization limits to senior Claims Representative or Claims manager with settlement recommendation
- Take recorded statements, obtain pertinent information i.e. police and medical reports, appraisals, estimates, photographs, degree of disability, rehabilitation potential, etc., and evaluates damages/eligibility for benefits, determines liability and sets reserves
- Document all decisions, correspondence, reports and discussions that occur during an investigation
- Settle and pay claims within assigned authority limits, complete claims by evaluating the loss and settling the claims
- Obtain and maintains state adjuster licenses as required
- Determine if subrogation exists and takes steps necessary for recovery
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned from time to time
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience
- Thorough knowledge of state insurance policies, coverage, procedures and regulations
- Familiarity with medical and legal terminology
- Ability to make sound decisions while using good judgment in evaluating claims
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to review and interpret complex and detailed documents
- Effective computer and math skills
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.About Sentry
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!