Personal Lines Pricing R&D and Claims Analytics Lead
Sentry is seeking an individual with extraordinary analytical talent to lead our Personal Lines Claims Analytics and Pricing Research and Development efforts in our Madison, WI office. The position requires highly refined analytical skills, strong business acumen and excellent communication skills in order to develop and present cutting-edge solutions for management. This is a very high-profile position that will provide critical insight to upper management. This position will be filled at a commensurate level based on the selected candidate's related skills, experience and qualifications.What You'll Do
• Prepare and present analytical studies of claim severity and closure to Claims leadership
• Prepare and present analytical studies of operational performance to Personal Lines leadership
• Analytical research leading to improvement in pricing model performance and efficiency
• Apply and recommend changes to actuarial techniques and procedures such as those used in evaluating loss and expense reserves and establishing rating/pricing levels.
• Effectively communicate complex issues to upper management
• Perform and coordinate research projects
• Analyze and effectively communicate trend observations
• Provide robust analytical reviews while meeting deadlines
• Provide leadership and direction for team members and the Claims business area
• Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Actuarial Science or related field
• 0-3+ years related analytics experience in a property & casualty environment
• Strong communication skills
• Completed 2 or more P&C actuarial exams preferred but not required
• Actively pursuing actuarial exams preferred but not required
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work under time constraints
• Strong background in statistics, computer programming or Actuarial Science
• Complex data analysis experience
• Modeling software experience beneficial
• Proficient in Excel, Access, SAS and Tableau
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.About Sentry
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!