Commercial Claims Representative II
At Sentry, our business is built around people. As one of the largest mutual insurance companies in the U.S., we're passionate about offering exceptional claims service to our policyholders—and that spark begins with our team. As a Claims Representative II on our Commercial Liability team, you'll be on the front lines, working first-hand with policyholders who, thanks to you, see us not just as an insurance organization but also as a partner.
This position will be located at the Stevens Point, WI office.What You'll Do
Our Claim Representatives provide superior customer service by conducting prompt claim investigations, which includes evaluating coverage, determining liability, and settlement of damages. In addition, you'll:
- Promptly investigate new commercial auto, general liability, and product claims
- Review coverage forms and contracts to interpret applicable coverage then communicate the analysis to our customers
- Evaluate the facts and develop and execute plans to resolve bodily injury and property damage claims
- Review medical documentation to determine the value of bodily injury claims
- Document all decisions, correspondences, reports, and discussions
- Negotiate the settlement of bodily injury and property damage claims with claimants and their legal counsel
- Pay claims within assigned authority limits
- Interpret coverage and communicate the analysis to our customers
- Present an overview of specific claims to customers and company associate
In order to be eligible for this elite opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree or related experience
- 2+ years of related claims handling experience
- Experience handling auto, general liability, and product liability claims preferred
- Knowledge of insurance policies and coverage, claim payment procedures, insurance regulations, and familiarity with medical and legal terminology is preferred
- Previous insurance experience and/or coursework are required
- Analytical skills to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims to make sound decisions
- Ability to review and interpret complex and detailed documents
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Effective computer and math skills beneficial
We take great pride in making Forbes' list of America's Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you'll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
If you are interested in joining Sentry's team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you'll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.Next Step
Once you complete the online employment application for this role, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment and online video interview. The links and directions to complete these will be sent in two separate emails to the email address you provided in your application. Both items must be completed within 5 days of receipt of the email.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We're proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we're one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We're rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.Talent Acquisition Specialist
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!