Senior Claims Resolution Specialist - Business Lines - Complex Casualty
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation and disposition of cases on assignment, which may include an established portion of the office/team workload and/or individual assigned cases that present high exposure or complex coverage or liability issues. Works autonomously within prescribed authority limits. This position includes responsibility for handling claims involving severe and catastrophic injuries.
This is a remote opportunity, although ideal candidate would sit in the Central, Mountain or Pacific Time Zone as the position will include claim handling in those regions.
- Manages, investigates, and resolves claims. Investigates and evaluates coverage, liability, damages, and settles claims within prescribed procedures and authority. Recommends ultimate resolution on assigned cases in excess of their authority to local claims management and Home Office.
- Identifies potential suspicious claims and refers to SIU and identifies opportunities for third party subrogation.
- Prepares for and attends trials, hearings and conferences and reports to Home Office and local management on status.
- Confers with trial counsel and prepares trial reports.
- Communicates with policyholders, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims, refers tasks to auxiliary resources as necessary, and advise as to proper course of action.
- Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports.
- Ensures adequacy of reserves. Recommends reserve increases on cases in excess of authority.
- Accountable for security of financial processing of claims, as well as security information contained in claims files.
- Responsible for managing the practices and billing activities of outside and in-house counsel.
- May assist in the absence of the Claims Team Manager, representing the company on matters involving state or federal regulatory agencies.
- May be involved in special projects and/or mentoring at the direction of local management.
- Must have an expert knowledge of coverage, liability, and complex claims handling procedures.
- Must be able to effectively handle claims at the highest technical and complexity level.
- Must be knowledgeable of state and federal laws in the adjuster's jurisdiction.
- A full working knowledge of claims operations and procedures is required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required as well as strong interpersonal, analytical, investigative and negotiation skills.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and at least 7 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.