Chemist, Risk Control, National Insurance
Our Chemist works under moderate supervision, follows standard practices, procedures, Quality Control protocols. Perform routine analysis in the organic area, specifically Gas Chromatography and High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Works with other chemists using a wide variety of instrumentation and analytical methods.
- Performs routine analysis on samples sent by internal and external customers using detailed laboratory instructions and established procedures.
- Effectively prioritizes and balances work to meet customer needs and unit's goals.
- Seek ways to improve work processes to gain efficiency and reduce costs.
- Meets internal quality control policies as required by AIHA-LAP, LLC (American Industrial Hygiene Association - Laboratory Accreditation Program) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in assigned laboratory areas.
- Recognizes atypical data and applies judgment to data interpretation and troubleshooting of analytical procedures.
- Assists senior chemists in performing new or more complex analyses using a wide variety of instrumentation and analytical methodology to identify and quantify air contaminants that maybe hazardous to the environment or health of workers.
- Calculates airborne concentrations of workplace contaminants and prepares reports based on findings.
Key Capabilities and characteristics:
- Works effectively with others and contributes to the group's positive outcomes.
- Excellent communication skill both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently under strict deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing or competing priorities. High energy.
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- BS Chemistry and 2-4 years of relevant laboratory experience preferably in an Industrial Hygiene Laboratory.
- 2-4 Years' experience in the use of at least one analytical instrument preferably gas chromatograph, gas chromatograph/mass spectrometer or high performance liquid chromatograph.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills. Ability to use the LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) is a plus.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.