Senior Property Field Risk Engineer
A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
Under limited supervision, provides sophisticated property consultative services to customers within a territory. Conducts on-site evaluations, evaluates data, and creates/implements service plans to control customer's source of risk, losses and costs. Provides risk assessment services and information to track progress and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual. Serves as a trainer/mentor to less experienced consultants in their specialty area at the discretion of their manager. Enhances the Company's leadership position in the safety field through speaking engagements at conferences, developing key relationships, and publishing safety related articles in professional publications.
- Provides an array of expert consultative services to an assigned group of customers within a specialized technical area or territory. Conducts on-site evaluations, evaluates data, and creates/implements service plans to control customer's source of risk, loss and/or costs. Compiles facts from on-site visits and various reports and databases to assess existing processes/practices, determine severity/frequency of problems, and identify needs. Assesses and benchmarks customers performance against internal and industry standards.
- Provides expert technical support to other risk control employees by advising them about resources available, legislation and applicable regulations, technology, industry trends and effective methods to reduce risk, improve customer satisfaction and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual. Organizes data into a format which can easily be presented to customer. Prepares and presents reports which outline action plan for improved practices and/or recommendations.
- Maintains effective partnerships with customers. Learns about customer's business in order to identify risk management objectives and needs. Ensures accurate and concise communication and mutual understanding with internal and external customers. Keeps customers informed of status of services, support material available and outside resources relevant to identify customers' concerns.
- Provides expert technical support to other Risk Engineering employees by advising them about resources available, legislation and applicable regulations, technology, industry trends and effective methods to reduce risk, improve customer satisfaction and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual Insurance.
- Collaborates with management in developing policies, procedures, service tools, technical resources, techniques and new products in order to support and enhance the delivery of
- Enhances Liberty Mutual's leadership position in the field and increases brand awareness through speaking engagements at conferences, developing a network of contacts, and/or publishing safety related articles (about one or more specialty areas) in professional publications.
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience in a specialized field, service planning and delivery, risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
- Strong background in NFPA and other industry recognized standards.
- Ability to perform complex sprinkler, fire pump and clean agent plan reviews.
- Ability to prepare fire protection CADD drawings/diagrams.
- Knowledge of computer based hydraulic calculation programs is helpful.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent with coursework in mathematics, engineering, or related subjects. P.E. or NICET designation a plus. Candidates are typically working towards (or obtained) an advanced degree and/or professional certification in one or more of the following areas: CFPS, CSP, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, or PE.
- Fully effective interpersonal, writing and other communication skills required to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Strong work ethic with focus on attention to detail and commitment to quality work.
- Position requires regular overnight travel