Senior Actuarial Analyst, Liberty Specialty Markets
Liberty Mutual Reinsurance Actuarial is currently seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst. In this role you will perform business research that's designed to improve business processes and support decisions that contribute to the growth of profitable business. You will be an expert on various data sources used to explain trends and results, enhance and refine complex databases, and support ad hoc analyses. This position requires strong proficiency with spreadsheets and data manipulation. You will be responsible for the following:
- Conducts complex research within Liberty Mutual and/or externally to obtain information such as client submissions, industry reports, pricing recommendations, and metrics.
- Compiles information and identifies trends and anomalies. Participates in and may lead the implementation of special projects.
- Based on analysis, develops reports, proposals for action or implementation plans as necessary and presents to management. Presentation may be formal or informal depending on the nature of projects.
- Works with other departments to coordinate activities and project work in order to ensure that Liberty meets customer expectations. Resolve problems as needed to ensure that customers receive prompt, efficient service in accordance with company policies.
- Performs or coordinates special projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required. Insurance designations desirable. Associateship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) designation required, or comparable actuarial education/designation combined with relevant experience.
- Typically, 3 or more years in non-life actuarial experience in reinsurance.
- Strong analytical skills with solid understanding of all casualty actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity to expand knowledge of actuarial and (re)insurance topics.
- Ability to navigate existing systems and processes to accomplish stated business objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel, Access, SQL, etc.).
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.