Large Loss Adjuster (Remote)
We're looking for the best talent to help The General® to bring quality insurance to people who need it the most.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work locationCompensation Minimum:$66,465.00Compensation Maximum:$99,750.00Job Description and Responsibilities:
The General is seeking a Large Loss Claims Adjuster to join our company.
What You'll Do
The Large Loss Adjuster is responsible for handling a caseload of complex, high exposure 1st and 3rd party personal auto material damage and bodily injury claims across diverse jurisdictions. You will, in accordance with company best practices and good faith handling, handle new and reassigned claims through resolution that require thorough investigation into complex coverage, liability and damage issues, including serious/catastrophic injury.
- Complete thorough quality driven investigations and evaluations aligned with the company's guidelines and in compliance with state requirements into coverage, liability and damages on complex or large loss claim types.
- Provide exceptional quality service to internal and external customers and business partners.
- Maintain timely disposition, evaluation and negotiation execution to drive fair and equitable resolution of claim files.
- Proactively manage caseload, through disciplined diary and activity management, with a focus on specific, cost effective file strategy execution.
- Develop and adjust reserves in accordance with company's reserving philosophy.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for recovery.
- Prepare timely, thoroughly written correspondence for both internal and external customers.
- Partner as a technical resource for the field organization to train and develop associates knowledge base.
- Attend any available seminars and classes applicable to this position and the skills required to meet the job duties and responsibilities.
- Assist with special projects within the department.
The Team You'll Join
We are a team of multi-tasking, empathetic and customer oriented claims professionals. We have a competitive spirit that drives our attention to detail and agility. We are curious life-long learners. We take pride in our work as we support our customers through unfortunate life events.
Who You Are
You have expert knowledge of claims policies, procedures and guidelines, including an understanding of good faith claims handling, contractual issues and the litigation process. You have demonstrated expertise in all states in which the company does business with knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, case law and procedures relating to personal lines litigation, including negligence, insurance contract, insurance coverage, no-fault (PIP), theories of liability, state and federal civil procedure and alternative dispute resolution. You also have expertise in the interpretation, analysis and explanation of the insurance policy. You have strong negotiation skills. You are an expert at developing complex claim strategy with a focus on execution. You have advanced knowledge of complex medical issues, medical terminology and the ability to read and analyze medical records.
You have a strong knowledge of PCs, Microsoft Office Applications and claim systems. You have proven excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills. You are successfully able to balance and manage multiple tasks at once. You have an insurance adjuster license and/or the ability to complete licensing requirements. You bring a Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of casualty claims handling experience.
Who We Are
We are one of the fastest growing and most exciting companies in the insurance industry to work for today. We're proud to say we've been in the insurance business for over 50 years.
Because of our rapid rate of expansion, we're looking for the best talent to help The General® bring quality insurance to people across the country. Ask any of our employees and they'll tell you that life at The General® is a challenging, fast-paced, exciting experience that offers a competitive total rewards package, healthy work/life balance and an exciting working environment.
You'll gain crucial insights from your potential coworkers who bring different backgrounds and professional experiences to The General®. You'll also find there are plenty of opportunities for advancement if you've got the ambition. The work culture at The General® is one that celebrates diversity, team spirit, and good old-fashioned hard work.
When you work at The General you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!