Strategy And Operations Consultant (Agency Enablement)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
This role contributes to and helps develop the strategic design, planning, and implementation of sales programs and processes to support individual business function objectives and considers alignment with the broader corporate strategy. Will analyze business practices and goals and make suggestions for improvements or direction. Also provides consulting, project management and support within subject matter expertise across the enterprise for focused initiatives. Will devise strategies for cutting costs, increasing revenue and making key decisionsKey Responsibilities
- Demonstrates competencies in business knowledge, leadership, and general management skills
- Analyze current business goals and direction and ensure practices align with objectives
- As directed, leads the development/design of new plans, programs & processes up to moderate complexity
- Assists in driving results through the development of effective relationships with sales, field, and cross functional leadership
- Make strategic suggestions to improve practices to increase performance
- Analyzes statistical data as it relates to programs, projects and processes of moderate complexity; provides action alternatives for improvement as appropriate
- Monitors market trends to help the business adjust to changing conditions that affect goals and production
- Anticipates and makes recommendations to solve market specific implications of business strategies
- As directed, develops communication strategies and materials to support new plans, programs, or processes
- Evaluate practices and make suggestions to cut costs and increase production by developing solutions for problems in these areas
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate, identify, reproduce, and resolve unique problems in area of specialty, including business, process and technical problems.
- Builds on existing understanding to enable leadership efforts for continuous improvements
- Helps present business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Consistently plans, implements, and manages projects of up to moderate complexity
- Provides business/technical consultation on projects of up to moderate complexity
- Establishes and tracks plan performance and tracks/analyzes project ROI
- Helps determine and enroll resources/expertise necessary to successfully complete projects
- As directed, plans and coordinates the integration and delivery of planned changes, projects, or programs
- Supports oversight on all-project-related expenses
- Supports governance processes
This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Strong analytical, time management, collaboration and communication skills
- Project management skills including developing work plans, estimating and managing resources, time and budget
- Ability to prepare complex presentation incorporating key messages
- Effective presentation skills and persuasion skills
- Possesses working knowledge of processes, policies, and procedures relevant to the industry
- Strong intellectual curiosity with ability to focus it on business problems and analytical efforts
- Has the ability to solve routine problems of up to moderate complexity following established policies and procedures
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.