ETL Test Engineer - mid to senior (Remote- home based)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Compensation Data
This role pays in the range of $75-90K per year based on skills and experience.
- A culture of learning where you can expect to develop foundational skills for the future
- Leadership teams that are communicative and compassionate
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- Potential for flexible work arrangements
- A culture in which you dress for your day
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
You can view all Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.comJob Summary
The Test Engineer Sr. Consultant I owns all test coordination, planning and creation or execution on an agile or waterfall project, focusing on the creation and execution of automated test scripts for medium complexity projects, assists in the development of the test strategy as a quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, and defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test automation architecture and may enhance and modify the test automation framework.Key Responsibilities
- Decompose business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for medium/high complexity projects
- Designing, coding and documenting automated test cases within a defined framework that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Execute test cases within the Functional, Mobile, or Web Services Automation framework
- Quality advocate within their area
- Create test data and identify environment needs for medium/high complexity projects
- Review, Analyze & Document bugs/issues accurately and clearly
- Understand and escalate issues related to the test infrastructure
- Provide input and report on test metrics
- Create an environment where a Test/Behavior-Driven Development behavior is fostered
- Participate in Scrum Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities prepared to take on any role within an Agile team
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- SQL: Ability to write basic to more advanced queries; Solve query problems
- Operating System-Unix/Linux: Unix Shell scripting
- JSON and Python file validation
- ETL/Data Warehouse: Testing Experience
- Ab Initio tool: Functionality understanding
- Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins
- Source Code Management Tools: Git
- Relational Database Management: Oracle
- Programming skills: Python
- Programming skills (Nice to Have): Java, Java Script
- Insurance Knowledge preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.