Staff Auditor (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Family Summary
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) team members provide analysis, appraisals, and recommendations to leadership teams and senior executives on whether significant operational risks are being properly mitigated. Our team applies their knowledge, insights and objectivity to help the organization by evaluating the design and effectiveness of controls embedded in strategy, governance, operations and risk management processes across both insurance and non-insurance businesses.
We like creativity, enthusiasm and teamwork. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude and likes to learn many different aspects of how a business runs. We like our auditors to be passionate about learning business processes and to take on new projects. You will apply a risk-based approach to audit projects that are operational and strategic in nature.
Entry level Auditors will start in a fast-paced developmental program consisting of job assignments supporting the various Internal Audit teams (Insurance, Non-Insurance, Investments, Shared Services, Information Technology, and SOX) and an opportunity to work with our external auditors. Our audits cover all aspects of the business, including a variety of disciplines such as distribution, customer service, product operations, claims, operations, investments, compliance, human resources and finance. This allows you to gain experience and learn the various areas of Allstate.
- The individual may be responsible for or involved with:
1. Manages assigned audit tasks to achieve department guidelines and within established timetables with high quality results
2. Drafts process risks and controls and performs an assessment to determine audit scope
3. Drafts high quality workpapers and ensures support and conclusions are well documented in accordance with department standards
4. Consults through ad-hoc advisory engagements while working hand-in-hand with business units to share risk considerations as they undergo strategic projects
5. Contributes to department initiatives to improve Allstate IA processes including but not limited to data analytics strategies and the Fraud Center of Excellence
6. Self-motivated individuals could have periodic flexibility in their work location and a complimentary shuttle is available to public transportation, if needed
1. Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team environment
2. Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
3. Curiosity to learn more about Allstates business operations with strong relationship building skills
4. Intermediate Project Management skills - Able to set project timeframes (for self) to meet project objectives with minimal oversight
5. Basic knowledge of auditing concepts or strong business knowledge and experience
6. Good oral and written communication skills
7. Basic critical thinking and problem-solving skills around business issues
8. Proficiency in business-related computing applications (e.g., Microsoft Office applications)
1. College degree or University degree required, Masters degree a plus
2. Audit internship, CPA, CISA or CIA certification a plus
Compensation range for this position is $55,000- $65,000per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.