Avail - Sr. Product Manager - Marketplace (Remote Home Based Worker)
Avail is a car sharing service to help people get where they want to gowhether thats to run errands, take an unforgettable road trip, or explore a new citywhile helping locals earn cash from their unused cars. We are passionate about making shared transportation safe, simple, and affordable, and redefining what it means to own a car.
Weve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, youll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where youve been, were always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.Summary
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for spearheading our supply-side programs. This includes everything from defining our value proposition to Owners, creating tools and programs to onboard and retain Owners, and balancing our marketplacewith inventory that cost effectively meets demand needs.The Avail Product team is full-stack. PMs are responsible for setting the strategy, prioritizing the roadmap, and working within an agile team to deliver the functionality that accomplishes a set of product outcomes. Our product suite includes:
- A consumer web application that draws in a balanced supply and demand marketplace
- A web tool that helps owners manage their vehicles
- A mobile app that focuses on helping borrowers select vehicles and become lifelong customers
- A lot operations tool that helps our staff provide vehicles to customers in our on-site Airport locations
- A transportation network management tool that facilitates the exchange of vehicles via vehicles delivery and/or key exchange via lockbox for off-site operations
- Trust and safety model capabilities that that are designed to optimize risk
- Financial service capabilities that are designed to anticipate pricing and provide economic viability for our company
- Conduct user research, competitive analysis, and go to market planning
- Break apart a goal into problem spaces
- Hold ideation sessions with stakeholders to define solutions
- Set strategic direction and drive your product roadmap
- Set hypotheses and drive experiments to refine solutions
- Write product requirement documents, epics, and stories to drive the backlog of your dedicated agile team
- Can-doers with a positive attitude
- Good communicators that can present concepts to the organization and write comprehensive stories for developers
- Excellent problem solvers that can break apart goals into areas for discovery
- Strong decision makers that use data to guide actions
- Experience owning consumer facing applications at a leading tech company
- Comfort working with a diverse, cross functional team
- Bachelors degree (MBA preferred) and/or equivalent experience in a technical role
Compensation range for this position is $96,500 - $174,600 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
Thats the day to day, heres the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But youll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isnt a perfect match.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.