Cyber Risk Consultant
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.
**We are open to applicants in the following markets to work from our strategic local Allstate offices: Charlotte, NC; Dallas / Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ. Strong qualified candidates will be given consideration as remote / home-based professionals.**
The Cyber Risk Consultant develops portions of and evaluates compliance with programs, processes, and procedures to mitigate cybersecurity risk and ensure protection of company information and assets; researches and suggests interpretations of industry and government regulations, standards, and contract requirements for application to assigned area of operations. Initial assignment will be supporting Allstate's efforts to track, govern, report on, and reduce information security risks. This individual will be a key contributor managing operational activities to reduce risk to our company in close consultation with Information Security and other business partners.
- Leadanalysis of business and technical needs for assigned area to create requirements and specifications.
- Develop, communicate, and executeportions of programs and processes that provide guidance and promote cybersecurity risk awareness and management in alignment with operational needs.
- Serve as point of contact for risk remediation issues and will manage inquiries from audit, ad hoc information requests, and collaborate with cross-functional teams that act as inputs to and consumers of risk remediation data.
- Trackmetrics and document / analyze results to provide insight and suggestions for changes and enhancements.
- Reviewand analyze research, documentation, and guidance from Legal resources of regulatory, contract, and industry requirements for cybersecurity governance to develop and approve potential application.Coordinateand communicaterequired submissionsand documentation.
- Develop and expandknowledge of risk and governance management, information security best practices, risk assessment methodologies. Demonstratecapability to communicate and explain complex regulatory topics to less-experienced team members.
Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+years of Cybersecurity Risk Mangement experience
- Knowledge of PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls preferred
- Hands-on experience with Archer, Jira, and/or VersionOne (or similar Risk Management tools)
- Intermediate decision-making skills and ability to escalate when appropriate
- Ability to establish and manage relationships with internal and external partners
- Intermediate time and project management skills including ability to prioritize and organize
- Good oral and written communication skills
Certifications / Licenses / Registrations (preferred, not required):
- CompTIA Security+
- Technical Foundations Certificate (CSX)
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Archer Administration
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.