NOC Sr Systems Engineer - Weekend Shift (Remote/Home Based)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The NOC Systems Engineer helps to manage and assists with the research, administration, and maintenance of new or existing Windows, VMware, Linux or Storage technologies. The NOC Systems Engineer utilizes proven systems, scripting, and developer skills to execute on tasks related to onboarding technology, incident management, and problem management. The role also assists Sr. Engineers that are working closely with engineering teams to provide feedback that can help improve system availability.
The NOC Systems Engineer has a broad understanding of Enterprise Infrastructure systems including NAS, SAN, Windows Server 2012/2016, RedHat 5-8, AWS, and Azure preferably in an operations role and can provide level 2 support following operating procedures. S/he will also have an understanding of how automation and or orchestration initiates repairs in an operational environment.
- Support Windows, Windows Server Core, Windows Cluster, VMware, Linux, HDS, AWS, Azure and Rubrik enterprise-class platforms
- Possesses acontinuous improvement mindset with the team, embracing a DevOps culture and constantly finding ways to make our systems more reliable.
- Be an active participant and create and manage problem follow ups with your team and engineering to help improve system reliability in the future and teach others what youve learned.
- Review to approve submissions to create or improve standard operating procedures based on what occurs to get us from red to green.
- Utilizes existing tools and leverage open source solutions to help automate tasks with an emphasis on scalability and reliability.
- Create automation that remediates areas of concern within the system we support.
- Provide feedback in the form of regular meetings, problem records documenting areas of improvements, and presenting back opportunities to improve availability and performance.
- Identify trends in incidents and bring awareness to create problem records to improve our systems and automating patterns.
- Provide feedback to the department focusing on strategy, service integration, monitoring, documentation, and automation opportunities.
- Teach/Mentor Jr Engineers on supported technology integration with focus on service improvement to help them grow to the next level.
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators to ensure risks are being managed and to help avoid future impact using Data analytics and AIOPs.
- Work with global teams when troubleshooting incidents to guide resolution and share expertise.
- Support all technology stacks working Incident and problem records received/created within the NOC.
- Education: BS in Computer Science, or related technical field involving coding or equivalent technical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with in one or more technology areas.
- Skills, Experience Required:
- Soft skills
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work in a global team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Active participant in incident calls or meetings.
- Works well under pressure.
- Technical skills
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting of MS Windows Server, VMware, Linux Red Hat RHEL 5.7 or Oracle Linux 5.6, 6.X , 7X, 8, LVM, VERITAS (Cluster Services, File system, Volume manager), Oracle, HP Blades and Dell Hardware knowledge, and Unified Computing Systems (UCS) hardware knowledge.
- Ability to resolve incidents using strong troubleshooting methodologies and standard operating procedures.
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure platforms.
- Experience with one or more programming languages, (Power shell, Python, Yaml, or Groovy)
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure DevOps tools such as, JSON, VXML, GitHub, Ansible, bash, & Jenkins
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting of and understand SAN and NAS Storage systems.
- Core Windows Server technologies (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WINS, IIS).
- Familiarity with HP/Dell/Cisco Blade Chassis and rack-mount servers.
- VMware VCP-DCV and Microsoft server certifications (MCSE/MCSA/MCITP) a plus.
- Familiarity with building and sustaining interconnected production services with APIs.
- Familiarity with Splunk or Datadog a plus.
- Responsible for the following technology, (Skill scale 1-5, 5 being expert)
- Windows Server 2012/2016 4
- VMware - 3
- RedHat 2
- Cisco routing, switching, and Wireless - 1
- Automation 3
- AWS/Azure - 2
- Brocade - 2
- Hitachi 2
- Rubrik - 2
- This position is for the Weekend shift Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Thirteen hours and 20 minutes per day. 9am-10:20pm CST.
- Candidate will be open to work Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday for ten hours per day if shift schedule were due to change.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.