Account Executive - P&C (Cincinnati / Columbus OH Sales Market)
6 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
- Ally is the leading provider of Property & Casualty (P&C) Insurance packages to franchise car dealers in the country. A P&C Account Executive is responsible for soliciting new accounts by partnering with our F&I and Banking Account Executives to grow our P&C product line.
- The Account Executive will participate with other members of the sales team (account executives, other specialists, national accounts team, and Ally field personnel) to prospect and conquest new accounts, prioritize and manage the opportunity "pipeline", and formulate and execute individual and team sales strategies.
- The Account Executive will also participate in competitor analysis, market analysis, product evaluation, product training, and periodic reporting of activities and results.
Candidate must reside in the greater Cincinnati / Columbus metropolitan or surrounding area for this Work From Home/Remote role requiring local travel throughout the local sales market.
The Work Itself
- Sell P&C product line to targeted goals; close sales by building rapport with key decision makers within target accounts, explaining corporate program and service capabilities, while effectively overcoming objections.
- Develop sales plan and effectively manage resources to maximize return on expenditures
- Sell P&C products in their assigned territory, work collaboratively with other members of the sales team to prospect and conquest new customers, prioritize and manage the opportunity pipeline, and formulate and execute sales strategies.
- Service current customers by maintaining rapport, making regular visits, evaluating customer's needs for new opportunities, and responding to requests and secure customer contact list, property list and establish a customer contact cycle.
- Identify non-P&C opportunities and coordinate with the Account Executives; identify new customers, estimate growth volume and qualify prospects. Maintain current knowledge about the competition, market threats and challenges, and communicate those concerns with organization and maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in training; remain active in the industry and in the respective area and trade associations.
- Coordinate sales and servicing activities with National Accounts and all other channel partners.
- Develop new customers by identifying possibilities for product improvements and new products by following industry and market trends, and competitors.
- Provide product training to other members of the sales team, as required.
The Skills You Bring
- 3+ Years’ of successful sales experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Business related undergraduate degree is preferred as well as industry designations.
- Ability to develop business relationships with dealer principles and decision makers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Sales training experience desired
- Well-developed business management, presentation and relationship selling skills
- High level of accountability and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to objectively manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to function in a matrix organization
- Dealership operations and insurance product knowledge preferred
- Ability to work with PC applications
- Ability to work independently
- Strong customer service skills
- Assist with local marketing campaigns
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.