Assistant Director, Actuary Advanced Analytics
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Operational Analytics department within Global Retail Markets U.S. Insights & Solutions is looking for a highly motivated actuarial Assistant Director or Director to join the team with a focus on Claims Casualty Analytics. In the near term, this position will support the Casualty Claims portfolio, with the opportunity to gain broader exposure across Global Retail Markets U.S. Analytics over time.
Actuarial experience is strongly preferred.
In addition to the responsibilities below, this person will:
- Support the Global Retail Markets U.S. Casualty Claims organization and provide thought leadership in recommendations and decision making with the Senior Director of Casualty Claims Analytics
- Partner closely with Actuarial to diagnose factors contributing to loss and expense trends, and forecast out impacts on accident and calendar year bases. Build out monitoring mechanisms that include leading indicators of trend divergence.
- Participate in the development of key initiatives aimed to generate measurable improvements on customer and agent experience, employee engagement, loss cost and expenses
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership teams and lead discussions with senior leadership at the department or functional level.
- Develops analyses based on complex data for a particular business unit/function.
- Quantifies the competitive performance of the business, evaluates potential operational changes, and designs new approaches and methodologies to solve business problems or improve analytical efficiency.
- Produces meaningful observations and recommendations through synthesizing data from internal and external sources. Utilizes advanced statistical techniques. May regularly utilize, update and adapt predictive modeling tools and/or focus on the application of the tools.
- Leads own work stream and may manage research projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Conducts modeling/analytical work which directly impacts profitability, growth, and/or customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Presents findings / recommendations and leads discussions with senior leadership (VP/SVP) at the department or functional level.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced analysts.
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or any other quantitative field plus a minimum 5 years of applied business / non-academic experience preferred.
- For non-Master s Degree candidates, Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 7 years of applied business/non-academic experience, or equivalent.
- Proven track record of developing and applying modeling to business problems. Deep knowledge of data sources, tools and business drivers.
- Ability to apply more advanced analytical concepts to improve business outcomes.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA, macros, scripts, formulas, data visualization, etc.), PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (SAS, Emblem).
- Must have good planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.