Manager, Data Integration Engineering
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Manager, Data Integration Engineering
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and foster the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world? Are you passionate about the data integration space including cloud platforms and data modeling, data movement, data governance / quality, and data security? Do you believe that building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving the data landscape? Are you a proactive and passionate team leader, able to lead discussion with engineers, managers, executives, and product owners to build consensus?
The Liberty Mutual US Data & Analytics Engineering (DAE) team is seeking a passionate data practitioner and leader as Manager, Data Modeling. This leader has a passion for building a team to ensure accurate and reliable design of enterprise data modeling, data cataloging, and metadata management. This team leader will inspire the team to design domain data models for an enterprise canonical model that combines data from applications across multiple lines of business and captures semantically consist data within the data vault. You will work within the Data and Analytics Engineering group within Global Retail Markets (GRM) US Technology. You will be the technology champion and leader of a team of data modelers who will collaboratively design canonical domain models and deploy them into the data vault of the US GRM central datalake.
This role will report to the Director for Data Strategy and Design for DAE within GRM US.
In this role, you would…
- Create strong partnership with Data Stewards of the Data Office, Data Architects, and leadership of DAE ensuring collaborative collection of requirements for development of the canonical model
- Provide servant leadership to a team of talented data professionals scrum master and modelers to motivate to work as one data team across the business and technology.
- Serve as a key leader for our data transformation initiative from on-premise to cloud-based data technologies.
- Possess comprehensive experience with multiple data modeling technologies (Dimensional and Data Vault)
- Be an evangelist across the Data and Analytics Engineering department, the Data Office, and neighboring line of business development teams for seamless adoption of the canonical model within the datalake and business applications.
- Deliver a comprehensive and highly reliable multi-domain canonical data model in a timely manner following industry-leading engineering practices.
- Assist Data and Analytics Engineering teams on any enterprise initiatives such as data platform migration and roll-out of the new datalake ecosystem.
- Ensure the team provides technology leadership across the DAE development team by creating and supporting data hygiene practices, data policies and innovative guidelines for data governance.
- Champion, participate and drive the maturity of the Data Governance Council.
- Devise talent strategy for team identifying resource gaps or inefficiencies, build hiring plan, promotions and performance managed are planned and consistent with needs and vision of department.
- Define individual performance objectives and development plans and ensure alignment with project and department objectives.
- Create an exciting technology team with a fun work environment and customer-focused culture with high standards of achievement.
- Establish financial plans and manage to plan.
- Support and contribute to plans for retirement of data and application technical debt.
- Drive team to mature and scaled agile processes, consistent metrics and efficient processes
- Have experience establishing the resources, processes, best practices, metrics and technologies for a modeling team.
This role might be for you if you have…
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a software-related technology
- Proactive leadership skills with five (5) or more years people leadership experience
- Ten (10) or more years hands-on experience successfully managing design and delivery of enterprise-level data models
- Have prior experience as a data modeler or data steward using modeling tools
- Working knowledge of one or more Data Modeling tools (e.g. Erwin, WhereScape, or related tools).
- Have led delivery of multiple large-scale data modeling projects
- Prior experience in vendor management, offshore teams and staffing expertise
- A bar-raiser mentality and are driven to motivate and lead teams to achieve great things
- A passion for managing data modeling and data governance excellence
- Depth of knowledge in operationalizing data governance
- Working knowledge of project planning methodologies, IT standards and guidelines
- Customer passion, business focus and the ability to negotiate, facilitate and build consensus.
- The ability to promote a team environment across a large set of separate agile teams and stakeholders
- Strong team management, financial / budget management, organizational, communication and presentation skills
Not required, but great if you have…
- Experience with ACORD reference model
- Piror experience in the insurance industry
- Experience with Cloud data platforms such as Snowflake, S3/Glacier or AWS RDS
- Snowflake Certification
- Experience with one or more of our integration tools, including Qlik (Attunity), Informatica, Kafka or Snaplogic
- Experience with ITSM tools such as Service Now, Remedy