Business Development Manager
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in ten states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the world's top investors--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on. https://vimeo.com/267654520
About this role
Openly is looking for a Business Development Manager responsible for profitable growth within their assigned geographical region(s). This includes:
- Growing the number of agencies that have the Openly product to sell by establishing strong partnerships and relationships.
- Partnering with senior leadership to create critical marketing strategies.
- Deploying these campaigns to increase growth.
- Developing and leading agency lead generation initiatives.
- Maintaining account retention.
Opportunities to join a team like this don’t come up often, so if this sounds right up your alley, then keep reading and join our ever-growing team!
- Proven track record of outstanding sales performance with the ability to drive results and innovate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Solid insurance product knowledge with the ability to articulate the contract differences between an H3 and H5 policy
- Experience developing sales and/or marketing strategic plans combined with a track record of executing these plans
- Strong organizational, negotiation, and value-based selling skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication with the ability to engage large audiences during in-person and remote presentations
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of unstructured data
- Experience in creating financial sales forecasts using imperfect data
- Customer-centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google products along with experience working with a CRM.
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contributions, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipends.
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity, expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.