Director, National Partnerships - US Global Retail Markets
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Safeco / Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Since 1912, we at Liberty Mutual have committed ourselves to providing broad, useful and competitively-priced insurance products and services to meet our customers' ever-changing needs. Our delivery on this commitment is the reason we're now the third-largest P&C insurance company in the United States, why we've earned an A.M. Best Co. ‘A' (Excellent) rating, and why we have the breadth, depth and financial strength that you can always depend on - in the United States and around the world
Liberty Mutual's US Global Retail Markets business unit is the largest business unit, selling personal and commercial property-casualty insurance products and accident and health products, to individuals and businesses in the United States.
As Director of Business Development within the US Strategic Partnerships Group, your primary responsibilities will include vertical and market assessments, building and managing a robust pipeline of potential partners, engaging key stakeholders across the business unit to ensure strategic alignment, opportunity sizing and prioritization of key prospects to source new distribution partnerships. Additional responsibilities include negotiating contract terms and deal economics to achieve highest ROI and effectively transitioning new partners into partnership segments for on-going client management. In the role you will be required to develop market research, assess industry data and trends, leverage industry events, contacts and referrals to develop new partnership opportunities. You will interact with senior leadership of national firms and complex organizations with a variety of business models across various industries.
- Serve as a business development leader within the Strategic Partnerships Group to evaluate new partnership opportunities that create strategic value and/or will drive highly scalable distribution partnerships aligned to US Global Retail Market's strategic and financial goals.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of competitors product lines and market trends thereby enabling effective negotiations with a variety of potential partners
- Prepares and presents executive presentations for internal stakeholders to ensure alignment around pursuit and business terms for potential new partners.
- Employs assertive sales techniques to negotiate favorable contact terms, conditions and compensation to win new partnerships
- Aligns all necessary Liberty Mutual resources to enable successful execution and onboarding of new partnerships
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent training; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively more responsible sales, marketing or relationship management experience in a complex environment.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the company's services, products and marketing techniques, insurance contracts, funding and rating.
- Requires highly effective oral and written communication skills including presentation, persuasion, relationship management, timing, tact and negotiating skills.
- Requires strong networking and problem-solving skills
- Analytic and financial analysis competencies
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Must be able to accommodate up to 50% travel