Senior Software Engineer Engineering Enablement & Operations
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Digital Native Architecture (DNA) Blueprint Team within Liberty Mutual Global Retail Markets - US Engineering Enablement & Operations is actively searching for a Senior Software Developer to join their team! This team provides architectural leadership, support and enablement of modern, cloud-native software development. Implementing and influencing a platform based on the latest tools, principles, patterns and practices of cloud-native engineering, DNA builds capabilities that allow the organization focus on rapid delivery of business value. This platform provides mission critical engineering enablement to our application teams, allowing them to create and instantly deploy new applications while taking advantage of open source enterprise-class capabilities.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work in an organization that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives" every day
What is DNA?
DNA is a set of patterns, practices and principles which come together to form a way of building applications.
The DNA Blueprint is a running implementation that follows the DNA standard and can be immediately deployed by teams. BP allows teams to create and deploy new applications to a non-production environment very quickly while taking advantage of open source enterprise-class capabilities. BP also leads the organization through R&D, and provides training/support to the developer community.
- Create tools, patterns, practices, and a cloud-native platform that allow teams to focus on delivering business value rapidly
- Analyze technical system problems, design and implement effective solutions
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle
- Support feature technical implementation
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Executes all levels of testing (Unit, System, Integration, Regression)
- Help with mentoring new and junior developers
- Collaborate with a product owner and an autonomous team of engineers to find comprehensive solutions
- Research technology and bring new ideas to the team
- Become a developer advocate improving technical communications with developers at Liberty Mutual and foster a deeper understanding to their problems and needs
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into technology decisions
- Keeps informed of advances in IT and Agile Engineering practices.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools such as Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo
- An evident appreciation of current and emerging technology trends
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, and performant code
- You have a deep knowledge of software engineering best practices
- You have a great ability to learn, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise
- You have a passion for supporting and enabling others to become more productive
- You have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving complex production issues
- Familiarity with application monitoring tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics (desired)
- Experience with Cloud Technologies such as AWS and Cloud Foundry (desired)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker or Pivotal Cloud Foundry (desired)