Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryParticipate in high profile process assessment, improvement and design services to improve overall business performance, customer experience and employee experience by identifying impediments to effective and efficient operational performance. Introduce changes in operational processes and organizational behaviors that have a positive impact on bottom line results. Identify opportunities to improve productivity, decrease costs, increase available capacity, improve accuracy and timeliness, change behaviors, redesign roles and improve operational controls. Provide technical consulting, generate new ideas, influence business leaders on the benefits, and assist in their implementation to achieve recommended results. Manage, organize and coordinate project assignments. Oversee the work of others to ensure assignments are completed on time. Provide direction and consultation as needed. Projects may be smaller and less complex. Consult with business leaders on division wide issues.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide process assessment and improvement services to improve overall business performance by identifying impediments to effective and efficient operation performance to improve overall business performance through redesigned workflows, proper staffing levels, redefined roles and responsibilities, productive behaviors, and effective use of technology that have a positive impact on bottom line results and the customer's experience.
- Assists with developing the overall project framework, approach, timeline, and resource allocation.
- Assists with assessing and identifying opportunities for the moderately challenging and ambiguous aspects of the process.
- Assists with conducting discovery work sessions with process participant groups or individuals and their management to investigate, document and develop a detailed and comprehensive understanding of the moderately complex/more defined aspects of the current process and the underlying embedded behaviors that are influencing outcomes. May also lead discovery sessions with individuals.
- Leads agile project team and is accountable for project deliverables. Manages and concurrently functions as an individual contributor on more complex process assessment and improvement projects. Assigns work and manages the work of others.
- Synthesizes, associates and assesses considerable amounts of disparate information to identify process issues, their root causes, how different actions generate different results (cause and effect), and the collective impact on process efficiency, effectiveness and the customer's experience.
- Applies solid knowledge of Lean Six Sigma process design techniques and methodologies to assess the risks and benefits of process opportunities.
- Assists with identifying process recommendations focused on developing a process model that optimizes process efficiency, effectiveness and the customer's experience for moderately complex process issues, along with their anticipated impact on the process.
- Collaborates with others to create a formal report/presentation (process insights, facts, details, examples, recommendations and impacts) describing the process and opportunities in a clear/easy to understand format, so leadership can make more informed decisions about how to optimize processes.
- Presents the moderately complex process findings, recommendations and implementation considerations during formal discussions with senior business leaders to influence how they view their processes.
- Meets with department leads and business partners to provide periodic status updates of current project efforts.
- Collaborates with others as a team member on area/department initiatives beyond core project assignments.
- 2 years of experience applying Lean Six Sigma or process management principles and methods, including root cause analysis.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- 2 years of relevant business experience in a financial services/insurance company.
- Four year college degree.
- Solid critical thinking skills.
- Solid organization, analytic, and math skills.
- Proficient at using Microsoft desktop tools and other technologies (PowerPoint, Excel, video conferencing, Skype, Visio, etc.).
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
Licensing or Certificates
- Black belt certification or working towards completion
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated skills and experience:
- Collecting process information from individuals via interviews and observation.
- Documenting processes via a variety of formats (narrative, process maps, illustrations, etc.).
- Synthesizing, assessing and analyzing information to surface process improvement opportunities.
- Thinking critically to connect disparate information.
- Thinking creatively to identify tactical process solutions/improvements and/or design.
- Identifying both qualitative and quantitative impacts of process recommendations.
- Making effective and persuasive oral and written presentations to influence others.
- Works independently with moderate supervision.
- Works collaboratively with others in a project team environment.
- Builds and maintains ongoing business relationships with project participants and leaders.
- Manages own work.
- Demonstrates decisiveness, initiative, innovation in achieving results and the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Responds quickly and effectively to customer's needs and takes appropriate actions to meet those needs.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.