Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThe position is a key leader who will be helping to transform the organization through understanding our customers and their needs and helping to translate it to business outcomes. This position will work with a team to manage and oversee all customer, agent and employee listening. Responsibilities include leading foundational relationship programs, journey feedback, as well as transactional programs. Responsibilities include designing holistic listening programs through expertise in survey, data and analytic design. Note that this role does not have direct reports.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops holistic customer understanding across all relationship, journey and transactional areas.
- Identifies, develops, prioritizes, tracks, and implements CX listening posts.
- Manages the work flow from questionnaire and sampling design, programming, through reporting and insights.
- Develops and maintains key metrics and reporting for all customer, agent and employee listening programs.
- Keeps abreast of key industry trends, research and recommend best practices, KPIs and benchmarks.
- Partners closely with teams throughout the organization to build a culture of data-driven insights to ensure that the customer's voice and feedback is central to decision-making and communications.
- Collaborates with business partners to drive a better customer experience, including research on customer needs.
- Works with our VOC platform vendor to lead the administration of existing surveys as well as design and implement new survey solutions using industry best practices.
- Coaches and develops team of individual contributors to be data-driven CX advocates.
- Partners with Closed Loop Lead to maintain Promoter, Passive and Detractor activation programs.
- Develops efficient programs and systems for managing all listening work for the Enterprise.
- Expertise in developing insights from VOC listening data to identify drivers and areas of focus.
- Minimum of 6 years working in customer experience related fields.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in customer and/or market research.
- Experience in customer-focused field, with demonstrated business impact.
- Experience managing projects.
- Staff management experience may be required.
- Think strategically
- Interact effectively with others across functions and levels within the organization.
- Leverage differences
- Build and maintain credibility with others
- Understand perspectives of different functional areas of the organization
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in both Quantitative and Qualitative research methodologies.
- Solid understanding of statistical analyses for story creation.
- Understanding of how to interpret and manipulate large and disparate datasets in complex organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate listening and research concepts and implications to non-technical audiences.
- Experience developing and socializing highly effective KPI's and driver performance.
- Able to communicate business impact and consult with business partners on developing a strategy that is grounded in solid statistical findings.
- Ability to understand and tell a story using data.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Advanced to Expert computer Skills in Excel, data visualization and statistical programs (Preferred: Data Visualization tools like QlikView, Statistical packages like SPSS or SAS).
- 7+ years working successfully with Microsoft Office products and software/programming applications.
- Expert knowledge of Customer Research design techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of Text mining and unstructured data.
- Bachelors+ degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of management experience preferred.
- Experience working on broad/business-wide projects or initiatives preferred.
- Thorough Knowledge: Possesses advanced knowledge of subject matter in order to solve unusual as well as common work problems and advise on technical matters and to serve as a resource to organization.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.