Underwriting Specialist | IAT Insurance Group, TransGuard
IAT has an immediate opening for an Underwriting Specialist in our Transguard Moving and Storage Unit. This role will be tasked with risk evaluation, selection, and pricing in a timely manner to produce underwriting results while acting as a niche expert for our Brokers and Insureds.
The ideal candidate will have at a minimum, multi-line experience and the ability to manage an existing book and grow the book within the assigned territory. Candidates with Middle Market experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates having Moving and Storage insurance experience preferred.
- Review and analyze underwriting files, using judgment and experience as primary criteria, to accept new business or continue renewals within established authority level.
- Review and analyze all documents within or associated with the underwriting file to establish accuracy in identification and minimizing the risk of exposure, utilizing change requests, claim information, loss control, and outside databases to identify changes in exposure to risk.
- Review, evaluate and determine account premium levels using sound judgment consistent with established company premium modification plans within authority limits.
- Read, evaluate and interpret contracts and policies to determine exposures providing guidance and clarification to others consistent with experience.
- Provide clarification and verification of coverage to the Claims Department consistent with experience.
- Be a subject matter expert for teammates in the areas of general underwriting as well as the specific niche in which accounts are underwritten.
- Market to assigned agencies to achieve acceptable new business flow.
- Assess agency activity; provide clarification to agency personnel about the company's position in visits to assigned agencies consistent with experience.
- Conduct annual customer stewardship meetings with key accounts.
- Service large, specialized brokers and agents.
- Conduct annual planning meetings with assigned agents.
- Conduct quarterly stewardship meetings with key agents.
- Underwrite and manage a large book of business.
- Collaborate with supervisor or others on unusual cases.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent in Risk Management, Finance, Mathematics, Business or related field.
- Equivalent is defined as 4 years of relevant experience.
- At least 8 years experience in Commercial Insurance
- Advanced knowledge of Commercial Transportation is required.
- Must possess the ability to appropriately apply loss development and advanced loss analysis concepts to achieve optimal pricing of a risk.
- Must possess the ability to creatively utilize coverage features, deductibles, or reinsurance on individual risks to achieve company objectives.
- CPCU, ARM, or AU industry designations preferred.
- Agency Relationship Management is a must.
- Requires strong math aptitude, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess knowledge of various computer programs, internet-based programs, and PC literate in the use of spreadsheets.
- To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.
To be formally considered one must apply online through the IAT Career Site.
Steve Morley | Senior Recruiter
Connect | www.linkedin.com/in/stevemorley916
If you click APPLY and the link does not work go to www.iatinsurancegroup.com/careers and search for the opening.