The IME Coordinator participates in all assigned activities pertaining to the planning, coordination, and execution of Independent Medical Examination and Peer Review reports for the New York IME Department. Additionally, the IME Coordinator will help ensure compliance and state regulations are adhered to. Team responsibilities include: scheduling IME's and Peer Reviews, assisting with medical records and administrative duties, communication with physician panel, and more. To successfully accomplish these responsibilities the IME Coordinator will work closely with our Medical Records Department and IME Supervisor to ensure IME's are scheduled within customer expected turnaround times and reports are sent out timely, correctly, and appropriately. This position will be part-time in the office and part-time work from home.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for understanding each aspect of the workflow from intake to QA in regards to independent medical examination reports and peer reviews.
- Operates, schedules and coordinates IME's and Peer Reviews and records in office specific system database.
- Assist Supervisor with special assignments and one-off projects.
- Ensure client instructions and specifications have been followed and requested questions were addressed in determinations and recommendations.
- Assist with documentation and confirmation of scheduled IME's.
- Assist with mailing reports, letters, handling certified mail, etc.
- Review upcoming scheduled IMEs and ensure the physicians have all materials needed for the exam(s) and provide additional documentation to the physicians as needed.
- Assist Medical Records Department with pulling medical records and appropriate documentation together (i.e. MD Cover Letters) for Peer Reviews/IME's/Addendums, etc.
- Consistently communicate with our physician panel and clients in regards to file updates, Shows/No-Shows/Cancellations, etc.
- Assist with physician recruitment where needed in necessary regions and corresponding with necessary specialists.
- Ensure content and format are the highest quality and in compliance with company and state standards.
- Confirms appointment dates and times with appropriate parties and Physician's office.
- Communicates with clients regarding appointment scheduling, physician CV's/credentialing when necessary, appointment changes, fee schedule approvals and updates, and more.
- Prepares and sends exam notification letters daily.
- Coordinates ancillary services such as interpretation and transportation when needed.
- Updates internal software with notes, documentation, and supports team with special requests (i.e. affidavits).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills with physician panel in addition to having the ability to communicate effectively externally and with remote team members.
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision, and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate ability to rapidly produce quality products under tight and strict deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities and use time efficiently.
- Must be fluent in technology, with the ability to multitask, and work cohesively in multiple platforms.
- Medical terminology knowledge and/or insurance claim knowledge and experience required.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.