CorVel in Portland, OR is seeking a full time temp to possible permanent Claims Assistant. The Claims Assistant role assists and supports the claims staff in the set-up and administration of workers' compensation claims/case management and other tasks depending on the specific needs of internal and external customers, supporting the goals of claims department and of CorVel.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up new claims
- Processes mail, handles files, and keys notes/diary entries in the claims system
- Processes payments, as needed.
- Processes form letters, state forms and reports.
- Assists claims examiners with telephone calls including provider, claimant and customer calls
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during working hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (“IIPP”).
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- High school diploma, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months service oriented office experience
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable