District Sales Manager
This role is responsible for managing an assigned market area of 10-14 storefront locations and providing hands-on leadership from both a sales and an operational perspective. Individuals in this role will be energetic sales leaders who can lead and motivate the employees in the assigned district while improving sales and profitability throughout. An agent of change is a critical competency component.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Hire, train, coach and develop a high performance sales team to meet and exceed sales goals
- Develop and articulate sales goals for sale offices and each agent manager
- Monitor progress as well as develop action plans to increase sales for the district
- Review various sales reports and monitor daily sales results
- Monitor industry and trends affecting the business
- Monitor budget and control expenses for all locations within the district
- Travel and work closely with each individual branch to ensure expectations are set and then met
- Market Direct Auto to new customers and ensure that each branch is marketing as effectively as they can
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5+ years of multi-location sales management experience, preferably in B2C retail environment (ie wireless, cash advance/title loans, apparel, insurance, etc)
- Proven experience in Leadership and Performance Management to include developing employees in highly competitive sales environment
- Experienced in brand development through business partnership development, guerilla marketing tactics and participation in local events
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with internal and external clients at varying levels within the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to train, coach and develop a high performance staff
- Proven sales experience in meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to evaluate employee performance and develop an action plan for improvement
- Ability to analyze various reports (ie identify trends and develop a plan for improvement)
- Ability to analyze numerical data/reports (financial/sales forecasting, budgeting, etc)
- Ability to travel locally throughout assigned territory 4+ days/week and overnight as required Overnight travel requirements can range from 5% to 75%+ depending on the particulars of the area to which the District Sales manager is assigned
- Bachelor Degree
- Current Property/Casualty and Life Insurance license
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) language skills
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.