Underwriting Officer, North America Specialty
Casualty Production Specialist – Specializing in Umbrella and Excess
Under limited direction, contributes to the growth and profitability of assigned specialty product line(s) through marketing, underwriting and managing of products and services of complex risks. Risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Requires a strong foundation in underwriting with a willingness to learn specialized underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the market place. Demonstrates strong strategic and marketing capabilities.
- Effectively analyze and underwrite new and renewal business subject to established Underwriting Guidelines.
- Target, market and solicit opportunities throughout the wholesale broker markets in the assigned territory.
- Provide exceptional service to brokers by following workflow procedures on new and renewal business.
- Achieve all in-house service goals for policy issuance and file documentation.
- Achieve proficiency in all legacy and go forward LIU and Ironshore information management systems.
- Develop new and existing broker relationships to increase premium and submission flow; will require some travel within the South Central territory.
- Prepare quotes, binders and review policies and endorsements for accuracy.
- Performs related duties as requested to include report preparation, presentations, and special projects.
- 7+ years of underwriting experience in the Casualty field
- Umbrella/Excess Underwriting experience required
- Surplus Lines experience preferred
- Exceptional communication, problem solving and analytical skills are required
- Candidate should possess strong negotiation and interpersonal skills. Team player is a must.
- Demonstrate strategic and marketing capabilities.
- Exhibit initiative and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
- Bachelor's degree required
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.