Senior Underwriting Manager, Excess Casualty - Construction and Energy
As the Senior Underwriting Manager - Excess Casualty for National Insurance, you will direct a team focused on the Construction and Energy industries in order to grow profitably. We are seeking a leader who prioritizes efforts on operating with efficiency, developing multi-line expertise, and growing profitably. We need a champion who will cultivate expertise through training, development, coaching and mentoring mechanisms. Are you ready to join a dynamic organization? If you are outstanding in these areas - read on!
- Execute the Excess Casualty strategy to attain profit, quality, growth, diversification, and other operational objectives.
- Ensure underwriting managers focus efforts on sources of profitable growth; build and strengthen underwriter expertise on multi-line accounts.
- Ensure that submissions are triaged, prioritized and skill-based routing practices enable the right underwriters to work the submissions in the right order.
- Analyze proposals prepared by underwriters for quality, compliance and execution against appetite; uses letters of
- authority to provide approval for risk selection and acceptance, coverage, and price.
- Evaluates underwriting performance based on scorecard factors, including profitability, multi-line diversification, rate, loss ratios, expenses, reserve adequacy, and reinsurance.
- Own the selection, ongoing development, and performance management; ensure that underwriting managers foster
- expertise through referral, coaching, mentoring and other mechanisms.
- Maintain underwriting guidelines, compliance and controls for the territory; lead all aspects of audits of underwriter
- Bachelor's degree plus 10 or more years of relevant experience, including several years managing others.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial property & casualty products including competitive conditions; insurance operations; finance and actuarial concepts; regulatory environment; reinsurance; account management; underwriting; producer management; and industry trends.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and get work done through others; work cross-functionally and form relationships by engaging and motivating people.
- Negotiate and influence others, be approachable, communicate effectively (listening, verbal, written, presentations, etc.) and project confidence.
- Professional designations (e.g. CPCU/ARM) preferred.
- Ability to adapt, learn quickly, and respond effectively to varied and intense challenges.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.