Avail - Principal DevOps Engineer
Avail is a car sharing service to help people get where they want to gowhether thats to run errands, take an unforgettable road trip, or explore a new citywhile helping locals earn cash from their unused cars. We are passionate about making shared transportation safe, simple, and affordable, and redefining what it means to own a car.
Weve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, youll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where youve been, were always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.Job Description
Avail (affiliate company of Allstate) is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want. A Principal DevOps Engineer at Avail is accountable for working on platform architecture and infrastructure for our car sharing product.Key Responsibilities
- Help to build a collaborative DevOps strategy and partnership with local and remote development teams
- Building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the DevOps team
- Responsible for Engineering Operations, including building software and tools needed by the Engineering organization to deliver a high quality product
- Helping to design and develop high-performance, scalable software solutions based on state of the industry technology
• 8+ years of DevOps related experience
• Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Significant experience with AWS, Terraform, Container orchestration, RDMS and non-relational datastores, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
• Experience with agile planning, deployment, integration, test/validation, and configuration custom software across multiple DevOps tooling platforms
• Expert level experience with Jenkins
• Strong practical administration skills in Public Cloud environments
• Shown experience shipping a high quality third party developer platform
• Experience with web services and web application/services support
• Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
• A natural aptitude for teaching and learning from others in a collaborative team environment
The minimum starting salary for this role is $125,000 per year.
Thats the day to day, heres the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But youll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isnt a perfect match.
Learn more about life at Avail. Connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.