Senior Java Software Engineer (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Come join Allstate's Enterprise Document Generation team. Our goal is to create all outbound document communication on a single platform as a service to the many Allstate teams that need to send out communications. Additionally, we want to be a one stop shop for our partners so they will not need to invest in learning about this technology. We want to offer what we build as a black box service to all business partners within the Allstate community. As a full-stack JAVA Software Engineer you will be helping us develop re-usable components that will be used in the generation of documents through our OpenText vendor. You will be responsible for keeping our many document generation applications up and running effectively. Join our team and you'll find a challenging and rewarding environment.Responsibilities
- Utilize agile stories and designs to develop accurate, defect-free code
- Create and update technical documentations using high level technical specification documents
- Create Technical Agile stories to facilitate Refactor or reduce technical debt
- Create unit test plans and conduct unit testing accordingly
- Participates in planning sessions, backlog refinement, estimation and works directly with the PO to understand business needs
- Participates in daily product stand up meetings
- Participates in sprint/release retrospectives
- Collaborates and strategizes with integration partners and other product teams to understand requirements and customer needs
- Works with Production Support to ensure appropriate operational readiness before go-live and assists as needed for complex production issues
- Supports root cause analysis with other members of the teams to understand, resolve and help prevent the recurrence of a problems
- Works closely with test engineers to support testing of the solution
- Ensures that code reviews are complete to meet quality standards; reviews and confirms that security standards are being maintained and evolving to meet the growing security risks
- Establishes and maintains continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices working with the Build Engineer
- Provides support for product in test environments
- Works with architecture team to help define the architectural patterns and designs being used; leads the effort to identify different technology options to meet the customer needs
- Leads and participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the team and larger development community
- Coordinate and work with offshore resources for application development and testing
- Understanding integration of applications with internal and external systems
- Other responsibilities include enhancement, performance tuning and support of existing applications
- 5+ years technology development and implementation experience. (Preferred)
- 5 years of full-stack Java application development experience.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (especially Agile Scurm), and test-driven development
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science preferred
- Jenkins Pipeline
- Spring Framework
- ReactJS or node.js
- Preferred – Integration with OT Document Generation (i.e. Exstream, Liquid Office, Communication Server, Content Author, etc.)
The minimum salary for this position is $68,800. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.