Vice President, Underwriting & Business Development
About the Role
The Texas Hospital Insurance Exchange seeks a future-focused, innovative leader to join its leadership team as Vice President, Underwriting and Business Development. For over 40 years THIE has offered comprehensive insurance and risk management products and services for health care entities including hospitals, home health care agencies, management companies and much more. Your work is focused on leading the company’s expansion efforts, strengthening agency relationships and program development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all underwriting functions including staff and operations plus oversee written book of business performance, new premium production and retention of subscribers through promotion of THIE’s products and services
- Lead expansion efforts, maintaining industry presence in existing markets and oversee agency relationships
- Manage THIE’s reinsurance programs and reporting, ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and filings, and maintain effective internal controls
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- At least 7-10 years of commercial property and casualty underwriting experience; medical professional liability underwriting is required
Location: THIE is headquartered in Austin, TX. The company is open to relocation candidates desiring to live and work in Austin. Additionally, they will consider a remote, work-from-home position for qualified candidates within the company’s footprint which includes statewide Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Travel: Expect regular travel within the company’s 3-state operating territory particular for business development & marketing purposes.
Apply for Vice President, Underwriting & Business Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly