Legal Audit & Billing Services (LABS) -Technical Assistant II
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
This role is part of the Legal Audit & Billing Services (LABS) Organization, which is responsible for maintaining provider records, auditing outside counsel invoices, and capturing spend information.
In this role you will create and updates provider records in a variety of claim systems, as well as system of record. This includes verifying information pertaining to providers and following special processing instructions. Works closely with Liberty Mutual's claims organization, providers, and Legal Shared Services members to ensure accuracy of records.
Under minimal supervision, you will utilize a broad understanding of department's operation and objectives to provide administrative support, coordination assistance and customer service to assigned technical group, individual or product line. Acts as a liaison for technical staff and internal/external customers in responding to a full range of inquiries. Job functions are varied and customized. Incumbents are expected to exercise evaluation and ingenuity in handling work and solving problems.
Performs one or more of the following using a variety of automated system applications.
- Collects and coordinates data needed by technical staff. May obtain data from automated systems, by reviewing files and/or contacting other people, departments, outside sources etc. May compile data into reports and/or spreadsheets.
- Reviews and verifies information which may include source documents, policies, claims files, summons & complaints, salary data, etc. Ensures completion and accuracy of data, paperwork, and/or forms.
- Coordinates materials or special projects for assigned technical staff or individual which may include preparing material/reports, distributing, editing, formatting and proofreading material.
- Maintains records and data utilizing various automated systems which may include creating database/server, developing tracking systems/spreadsheets, setting up files, etc. Ensures accuracy of information and runs reports as needed.
- Acts as a technical resource for internal and external customers/contacts exercising judgment in handling unusual situations/inquiries. Answers a full range of inquiries and coordinates responses. Resolves problems and/or discrepancies which may involve research and data collection.
Provides administrative support to technical staff which may include:
- Creating documents, forms, spreadsheets, presentation material, etc.
- Reviewing incoming mail for technical staff and determine course of action.
- Preparing own correspondence and, as requested, correspondence for others.
- Transcribing dictation to final copy and finalizing draft documents.
- Coordinating and arranging travel plans and appointments.
- Conducting analysis of information and reports to group or individual.
- Solid writing skills and the ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Broad working knowledge of departments operations and objectives.
- Proficiency in personal computer applications and systems which may include excel, desktop publishing, and department specific systems/applications.
- Associates degree or equivalent, plus 1-3 years of related office administrative work experience with at least 1 year of practical computer experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for lack of formal degree.