Legal Audit & Billing Services (LABS) -Legal Payment Specialist
Provides accounting and transactional payment support in a variety of claims systems for most SBU claims organizations. This includes verifying information pertaining to these claims and following special processing instructions to facilitate the execution of legal invoice payments. Works closely with Claims to resolve outstanding requests to facilitate the timely payment of invoices. Manages payment activities to meet strict and varied Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Develops complete working knowledge of some of the Liberty Claims systems (ACES, BoComp, Navigator, CVO, RCS, CICC, LIU-CC, OCAS, LNW) and LSS systems (BILLS, ALMS, LBPW, LEX), to be able to properly review and execute financial transactions.
- Ensure that multiple critical data elements are correct for assigned payments, including identification of the correct claim, verification of vendor information, and review of prior payments to ensure duplicate payments are not made. Ensures calculations are accurate.
- Review and validate payment data to ensure compliance with claims instructions and any exception/special processing instructions, and/or ensure corporate records contain accurate payee/provider information.
- Ensure proper coding of payments in accordance with the coding requirements of each system.
- Approves reviewed transactions for payment within limit of authority. Pends payments outside scope of authority to supervisor or Claims for approval.
- Maintains appropriate payment records per established Attestation protocols.
- Routinely contacts external providers and internal and external customers to gather necessary information in order to process timely and accurate payment.
- May assist in other areas of the department as needed.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively maintain customer service relations.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with numbers. Requires broad working knowledge of all aspects of department operations.
- General computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant operational experience.
- May have less years of experience if it is LABS operational experience (direct experience).
- Accounts payable or customer service experience preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.