Solutions Engineer, Software
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Independent Agent Integrations team in Distribution Technology, part of the Global Retail Market (GRM) organization, is looking for a Solutions Engineer. This role directly supports the GRM US strategic objective of being #1 in the independent agent channel, and you will act as a thought leader in this space, helping your squads deliver innovative solutions, as well as sharing best practices across the broader portfolio. This role will support two talented agile squads working to build the agency download and portal integration solutions. This is a broad role providing technical guidance and thought leadership while driving overall technical delivery and execution of solutions. We are seeking a seasoned technical lead with solid expertise implementing large scale, cloud-based applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with application/data architects as well as other application teams to create technical vision and roadmap to modernize existing systems.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed teams to drive full cycle end-to-end development from design through implementation.
- In an Agile environment, work with business team members and other team members to review and qualify business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design and architect solutions for software components and applications based on functional specification and optimize them for system performance.
- Demonstrate strong technical architecture and leadership skills with ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic and energizing environment.
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership and accountability.
- 10+ years of hands-on software design and development experience in commercial environments, at least 3 of which should be in a technical leadership role.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience developing web applications and services using JAVA/JAVA EE, Spring, and other related technologies, preferably in an agile environment.
- Experience with ACORD standard, cloud computing (AWS) and micro services architecture.
- Demonstrated experience of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, automation testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.