Solutions Engineer, Software
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a solutions engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up—and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
As a Solutions Engineer in the GRS Technology Global Distribution & Customer Relationship Management Platforms team, you will be part of a growing team that is accountable for designing, building, and maintaining an ecosystem of capabilities that enable the GRS to win in the marketplace – and become the world's most respected global commercial and specialty lines (re)insurer. This role will be charged with setting the technical direction, coaching and mentoring software engineers, providing innovative insight, and inserting industry knowledge to help deliver customer centric business outcomes that have technical longevity.
We encourage you to apply if you value:
- Innovation – Introducing innovative ideas that can change the game, throughout the course of agile delivery
- Trust – Building relationships and working in an environment centered on trust and empowerment
- Excellence – Learning through doing with a desire for continuous improvement
- Technology – Exploring new solutions and honing existing skills for both personal and team evolution
- Ten years of related software engineering experience
- A comprehensive understanding of agile environments
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary frameworks and emerging technologies
- A history of practicing DevOps and SecOps
- A strong background in business operations and strategies, including knowledge of global business, technology trends and the financial services industry
- Solid negotiation, facilitation, consensus building and influencing capabilities
- Ability to identify patterns and problems across teams and deliver effective solutions
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- A design thinking and test-driven development mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for working in teams
- Experience developing or architecting cloud-hosted, responsive web applications using Java, HTML5 and CSSS3
- Strong background in code review
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures and integration with API exposing microservices
- Deep understanding of layered solutions and designs
- Cognizance of security concerns, from access control and authentication to secured SDLC processes
- Understanding of DCI/MDM systems, data ingestion and cloud-scale data sets
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience