GRM Casualty, BL Environmental, Claims Resolution Specialist
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Investigates, evaluates and resolves environmental general liability and homeowners liability claims. Assignment may include a predetermined section of open inventory or cases that present high exposure. Resolves coverage and liability issues by applying established procedures and practices. Provides customer service to current and former policyholders, vendors and third party claimants.
This is a Grade 13-15 range posting. Casualty experience preferred.
- Manages processes and resolves claims assigned by the Unit Director/Team Manager. Evaluates coverage, liability and loss value and resolves claims within prescribed authority.
- Communicates with policyholders/customers, witnesses, claimants, remediation experts, counsel and others to gather claim facts. Communication is generally via phone and email, but may include in person contact and travel.
- Maintains adequacy of reserve levels for both loss and expense.
- Analyzes complex coverage matters and is responsible for issuing Coverage Position Letters to customers. Utilizes HO Legal Staff to consult on coverage issues as needed. Written work sample may be requested.
- Tracks litigation expenses on assigned cases and makes recommendations to improve litigation expense management.
- Negotiates settlements with attorneys, claimants, and/or co-defendants, and cost share agreements with other carriers.
- May participate in the development of legal strategies in conjunction with claims/legal team. Prepares for and attends trials, hearings and conferences. Keeps management informed of developments and confers with in-house and outside counsel and management on jurisdictional issues.
- Updates files and provides comprehensive reports as required, in accordance with established departmental procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of claims operations and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- College education or equivalent training and a minimum of 4 years related work experience.
- Licensing required in some states.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.