Portfolio Credit Senior Analyst
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance – a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group's (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $90 billion in AUM and staffed with nearly 300 investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, MA, we offer the best of both worlds — the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a “one firm, one portfolio, one team” mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment Business Units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
LMIG is proud to be recognized for a second time in 2019 as a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune magazine and as a Great Place to Work.
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) is actively searching for a Portfolio Credit Senior Analyst to join the Global Fixed Income team. This individual will be part of a growing leveraged finance platform increasingly focused on deploying capital into private markets. In this role, you will be an integral member of the credit team with responsibilities that provide for wing-to-wing exposure to the asset management process, from the screening and evaluation of new business opportunities to the management and optimization of the portfolio. You will work directly with the credit investments team, including the Director of Private Credit, Portfolio Managers, and Analysts in a dynamic and cross-functional team environment.
Specifically, and with the goal of elevating team performance, the Credit Portfolio Senior Analyst will lead the buildout of key data analytics used to guide portfolio construction and ongoing monitoring of the quality of the portfolio. This person will support the senior credit team in establishing internal reporting rhythms across private credit assets and in preparing performance data used to actively manage the portfolio. The Credit Portfolio Senior Analyst will also actively assist in business development and execution activities for the Private Credit portfolio, including the evaluation and underwriting of direct lending fund investments. This individual will bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the role, critical to tackling the breadth of responsibilities required and to meeting an expanding, high growth business mandate.
- Provide support to senior credit team in the prospecting and evaluation of new investments in direct lending funds, as well as in the monitoring of existing direct lending fund investments within the leveraged finance portfolio.
- Support the Director of Private Credit in numerous business development initiatives including the creation of marketing materials and the sourcing of new strategic relationships.
- Manage the Private Credit deal pipeline, providing timely market intelligence to the senior credit team for both market pricing and deal terms.
- Track and analyze comprehensive position data across high yield bonds, broadly syndicated loans, and private loans; establish consistent data sources and collection frequency levels necessary to manage and compare positions, and to harvest learnings from the data set.
- Drive monthly and quarterly reporting with an emphasis on analyzing and measuring credit and financial performance in the portfolio from multiple perspectives including asset class, product, industry. Summarize conclusions and implications from the prepared analysis and present findings to senior credit team.
- Proactively stay abreast of portfolio construction guidelines and inform senior team of findings and recommendations.
- Undertake research to identify more meaningful ways to analyze and present information, and work with senior credit team to highlight the risks and opportunities within the non-investment grade credit portfolio.
- Work closely with the Risk team to address portfolio health and ratings assessments, including ensuring data is timely and accurate.
- Collaborate with key internal teams to continually enhance data quality and to establish internal audit and reconciliation processes of individual credit attributes and performance.
- Strong financial foundation with a BS in Finance, Economics, or Accounting preferred
- 2 - 5 years' experience in a finance or accounting function, with previous exposure to lending products or graduation from a financial leadership program preferred
- Robust analytical and quantitative background with the ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets
- High comfort level working in Excel and PowerPoint (Bloomberg, Blackrock Aladdin, Efront, and Macrolab also preferred)
- Producer of detail-oriented, accurate and consistent work product
- Desire to, and professionalism necessary to, interact with external constituencies including private equity sponsors and direct lending partners
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with the flexibility to shift from task to task, and to handle various projects
- Possesses strong project, process, and time management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across a team-oriented environment
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in our business, or by our vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.