Manager of Engineering - Workgrid
Manager of Engineering - Workgrid
As an endeavor of Liberty Mutual, Workgrid Software is changing the way enterprise software is built. Our mission is to create beautiful purpose-built software that focuses on improving the employee experience. At Workgrid, we believe employees should be productive, not busy. The amount of systems in today's business environment is overwhelming the workforce. Employees are overloaded with information, spending hours checking and managing their work, finding information, and taking action on menial tasks. This is causing significant communication and productivity issues in the workplace and is something Workgrid is solving.
Workgrid is seeking a Manager of Engineering to manage one of our growing engineering functions. In this position, you will both manage team members on our product teams and hire as we continue to grow. The Workgrid Platform is a highly scalable and global platform running on AWS which includes backend, web, and mobile engineers.
This position will be reporting to the Workgrid Director of Engineering.
- Functional Area: You will have accountability for one of Workgrid's functional area's day-to-day operations.
- Engineering Vision: Develop an engineering vision and strategy to create high-performing software development teams. Understand industry trends in software development and where Workgrid should be headed.
- Architecture / Scalability / Performance: Work with engineering teams to ensure we have a highly scalable and performant platform across the globe. Ensures system, technical, and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Security: Work with our security architects and engineers to ensure security is at the forefront of everything we do.
- Quality: Develop strategies to ensure software quality practices are consistently embedded across each of our engineering teams. You promote high standards in quality.
- Coaching and Mentorship: Lead and coach members of our product & engineering teams. Work with individuals & teams to build and grow their capabilities, skills, and identify opportunities for product, design, and engineering staff to develop their careers at Workgrid. In this role you may have a variety of roles that report to you.
- Team Development: Defines team member objectives, performance targets and development plans, and ensures alignment with project and organization objectives.
- Hiring & Recruiting: Working with our Talent / HR team, develop hiring, interview, and recruitment plans to build a pipeline of talented software engineers including employees and contractors.
- Collaboration: Represent the product engineering team across the Workgrid organization. In this role, you will collaborate frequently with our various business teams.
- Team Morale and Climate: Ensure the product engineering organization is empowered, excited, and growing in their careers.
- Operations: At Workgrid, our product engineering teams follow a ‘you build it, you own it' mindset. You would be responsible technical operations of the plan, in addition to building the platform.
- Process: In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the approach to product definition & engineering is finely tuned and highly performing.
- You are an experienced engineering manager who has a proven record coaching and growing product engineering teams.
- You've been responsible leading technology teams, supporting enterprise platforms at scale.
- You foster a collaborative, inclusive team in which people are empowered to do the best of their careers.
- You have significant experience working in a fast-moving agile environment.
- You are a compelling and clear communicator, able to represent and communicate your message across technical and non-technical teams.
- You have 5+ years in an engineering management role.
- The drive to work in a fast-moving technology startup.
- An eagerness to learn and grow.
Nice to Have
- Experience managing distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Experience working with quality / test automation engineers.
- Experience working with enterprise integrations.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.