Endpoint Security Engineer
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.
**We are open to applicants in the following markets to work from our strategic Allstate local offices: Charlotte, NC; Dallas / Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ. Strong qualified candidates will be given consideration as remote / home-based professionals.**
As an Endpoint Security Engineer, you will be a technical endpoint security specialist for a very diverse enterprise. You will be working with a team that is responsible for engineering endpoint security capabilities, endpoint roadmap development, and support of endpoint security technologies in a rapidly changing security sector in a large enterprise.
The ideal Endpoint Security Engineer will be adept in learning new security capabilities, adaptable, take initiative, and be a team player. Knowledge sharing is highly encouraged. You will be an Endpoint Security Engineer in a very challenging, complex, and rewarding organization.
- Ensure endpoint security solutions, policies and emerging technology are on track to meet and respond to threats to our data and endpoint infrastructure.
- Ensure all technologies are operationally ready and that the endpoint security, GSFC and NOC teams are enabled to execute on capabilities as needed to resolve operational issues or business requirements.
- Capabilities development, maintenance and support of our current endpoint security technologies. You will partner closely with Endpoint Operations in the deployment of emerging security capabilities, lifecycle management of current capabilities, and develop metrics to be executed by Endpoint Security Operations.
- Level 2 incident management, coordination of change activities, and development of SOP documentation in concert with Endpoint Operations.
On-call support will also be required.
- Foundational to Intermediate experience managing policies and software deployment in McAfee ePO and Crowdstrike
- Foundational to Intermediate ability to write rules, policies and exclusions for McAfee products
- Foundational to Intermediate documentation and analytical skills; documenting processes, policies and standards
- Foundational to Intermediate ability to provide end to end support to enterprise counterparts, identifying root cause of complex enterprise initiative
- Foundational to Intermediate trouble shooting skills across complex enterprise applications, server and endpoint environment
- Foundational to Intermediate ability to onboard, learn and adapt to new technologies
- Foundational to Intermediate experience developing reports for software and version complianc
- Foundational to Intermediate privileged access management/rights management experience designing solutions based on least privilege
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of malware operation and indicators or threat
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc)
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of Windows operating systems (workstation and server)
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of Macintosh operating system
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of Linux operating system
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of encryption/cryptography technologies and their implementation
- Foundational to Intermediate understanding and hands-on experience with windows registry, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Foundational to Intermediate ability to mentor and train others
- Foundational to Intermediate experience with scripting (PowerShell, Python, BASH)
- Foundational to Intermediate experience reading and writing documentation for Infrastructure Security implementations
- Foundational to Intermediate customer handling skills along with extensive hands on skills in defining and creating operational/procedure documents
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, DNS)
- Foundational to Intermediate experience with software lifecycle across a large enterprise; deployment, upgrades, patching
- Foundational to Intermediate experience with ITIL processes such as Incident/Problem/Configuration/Change management.
- Intermediate log parsing and analysis skill set
- Intermediate knowledge of Firewall and Proxy technologies
- Intermediate understanding of SANS Critical Security Controls (CSC) and NIST
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of penetration techniques
- Foundational knowledge of Information Technology forensic techniques
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc.)
- Foundational to Intermediate knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud concepts
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Microsoft: Azure Security Engineer Associate, Azure Fundamentals, Cloud Fundamentals
- AWS: Cloud Practitioner
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.