Organizational Effectiveness Manager
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
The Organizational Effectiveness (OE) team provides internal consulting services to executives and senior leaders across the organization, enabling Allstate to achieve sustainable business results by facilitating transformative change. We draw on deep experience in the areas of organizational design, organizational development, and change management to deliver practical solutions that enhance team, business unit, and organizational performance. Our consultants bring experiences from internal and external consulting, as well as our varied academic and professional backgrounds (Financial Services, Business Administration, HR, and Organization Development to name just a few). We're looking for an OE Senior Consultant and Manager to join our team.
The OE manager provides advanced organizational effectiveness consulting and solutions for large-scale projects with complexity that align to strategic initiatives and drive business performance. The person in this role should be fully proficient in the broader core competencies of the job and have expertise and depth in at least one core discipline areas. This role requires a high degree of independence in setting approach and direction of work for direct reports.Key Responsibilities
- Provide advanced organizational effectiveness consultation for executives and senior leaders to achieve competitive advantage, sustainable business results and increase organizational health
- Design and develop advanced organizational effectiveness solutions, leveraging a holistic approach to create sustainable change in the context of business strategy
- Build, cultivate, and maintain long term relationships, including relationships with executive management and other key stakeholders by managing the expectations through appropriate contracting and ongoing dialogue and feedback
- Provide coaching and consultation to executives and senior leaders, in the context of projects, to increase personal and organizational effectiveness
- Evaluate and help assure that all organizational effectiveness projects and related decision making supports the company's established business visions and strategic goals.
- Provide work direction and project plans for large-scale and cross-functional project teams with multiple workstreams across practice areas.
- Serve as a member of the OE Leadership Team in support of the long-term sustainability of the CoE (e.g., strategy development, business operations, talent and team development)
- Responsible for all aspects of People Management for direct reports, including but not limited to Performance Management, Employee Development, Succession Management, and time keeping
- Provide formal and informal performance feedback to project team members and direct reports by identifying areas for strength and opportunity as well as suggestions for future projects and development
- Coach, mentor and influence team members to accomplish OE, HR business unit, and company goals.
- Models and creates an environment that fosters learning, inclusive diversity and accountability and high performance
- Bachelor's degree required. A degree in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational psychology, or related business degree preferred; Master's degree highly desired
- 5-7 years of experience in Organizational Effectiveness with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility and a successful track record of effectively solving business challenges
- Experience as an external or internal consultant highly desired
- Excellent program, project and process management skills (complexity, high degree of risk, resource management)
- Strong ability to influence in situations without formal authority and push back when appropriate
- Advanced facilitation skills, experience in group dynamics and effective workshop design
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a virtual team environment; experience working in a virtual team and leading virtual team members preferred
- High degree of capability in diversity, equity and inclusion skill desired
- Specific skills may include:
- Operating model / business model, business function design, work optimization, staffing models
- Strategy articulation & alignment, senior leadership team effectiveness, culture & strategy integration
- Change impact assessment, large scale behavior change, organizational engagement planning
The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $138,000 plus Bonus. Offers will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.