Business Intelligence Data Analytics Senior Consultant I
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Business Intelligence Data Analytics Senior Consultant I is responsible for leveraging internal and external data to develop a solution infrastructure for high priority analyses to assess Allstate's competitive position. This position will support the Competitive Intelligence and Business Intelligence team, and will proactively develop data and modeling solutions that enable actionable insights and recommendations to stakeholders. The position is also responsible for developing standards of practice around data retrieval, data manipulation, data reporting and data analytics.
- Compiles, cleans, organizes and analyzes complex data to understand business results using proprietary tools.
- Establishes, modifies, documents and communicates standards of practice around data retrieval, data manipulation, data quality, data reporting and data analytics
- Produces competitive insights by creating and developing data models to generate actionable insights
- Makes the business insights derived from data and analytics accessible to those without technical skills
- Provides technical and data modeling expertise to the team
- Monitors and evaluates business initiatives against key performance indicators and communicates results and recommendations to leadership
- Leverages best practices to standardize analysis, predictive modeling, and decision support for the team and stakeholders.
- Supports translation of data that enables internal data to be processed with vended tools
- Communicates and presents project information to team and provides presentations/updates to management
- Influences competitive strategy through data and analytics
- Performs comprehensive industry research to support Allstate's competitive position
- This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, Business, Economics, IT or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of data and analytics experience
- 2 years of insurance experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced technology fluency in tools and software/programming languages with key analytic applications (SAS, MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, UNIX, OLAP, Tableau)
- Data and Financial Modeling experience
- Data and process automation expertise
- General insurance knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working with Big Data, managing and manipulating large, complex datasets and ability to analyze and interpret moderate to complex concepts
The minimum salary for this position is $59,500. The maximum salary is $103,300. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.